display groups of current login user on issue page

asif khan May 8, 2014

if there is a user who is currently on the issue/ticket page.I want to display all the groups the user belongs to on the issue page.how can i do that.

thanks in advance.

asif

1 answer

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 8, 2014

You mean on a customfield? Also, where is the user details stored?

asif khan May 8, 2014

Hi Jobin,

i just somehow want the groups that the current user belongs to , to be displayed on the issue page.For that i made a custome field "user_groups".BUt i dont want the user to enter his group names in that field manually.If somehow i get the group names automatically in the field, then that field and its values(groupnames)will be present on the issue page .Then I can extract the text of that field and use it in my script.

actually my requirement is ,I want to set some values in the fields of "worklog" tab .But these fields should get set only for the user who belongs to a particular group.For that I am trying to get the group names of the user on the issue page so that i can extract it using the script and then use it in the script.Once done, i will try to make the field hidden.

Here is the script:

jQuery(document).ready(function() {

var project_name = $('#project-name-val').text();

alert(project_name);

//i want to find the user groups now so that i can put it in the "if". if the user belongs to a particular group, lets say group1,then execute the content inside "if"

if( )
{
$('#a1_').attr('checked','checked');
$('#a2_').attr('checked','checked');
$('#a3_').val('0');
}

});

Please suggest the required modifications in the scrpt.

Please let meknow if more details are required.

We get the groups name the user belongs to by clicking on the user name(profile).

Thanks I advance,

Asif

Suggest an answer