discuss how to set up project manager and which product is best? Currently have Jira but just getting started.

Teresa Wylie February 1, 2017

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 1, 2017

The best thing to use is the one that supports your desired processes best.

I'm not sure what you're asking here, as you only really mention JIRA

Teresa Wylie February 1, 2017

We currently have JIRA and it was rolled out to me on Monday suggesting we use it for Project managment from the software team here.  I found something called JIRA Core on the website.  Will JIRA allow me to manage a project effectively or do I need a different program.  We currently have purchased 500 licenses to set this up and trial.  I want to be sure we start off correctly and databases are not a strength.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 2, 2017

JIRA Core is an issue tracker.  You create projects, and these contain issues which represent things that need attention of some sort.

Whether you can use it for your project management is a good question.  It depends on what you're looking for.  If, like most people, you have a list of things that need doing (often in excel, or a pile of post-it notes or work orders, with a process or processes to track them through to completion), then yes, that's what it does best.

Suggest an answer