disable the administration section for a user

Hanae alahcen May 22, 2013

hello,

when i go to jira as a user i have an administrator tab

i want to hide it from the user how i can i do this ?

thanks

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 22, 2013

Hi Hanae, this Administrator tab is shown if you are part of the group that it is configured on the Jira System Administrador or Jira administrator global permission. It will be shown for a project too if the user has the Administrate project permission.

Oh thanks to you all i fixed it :) thanks

the user belongs to the jira-users but he hase the administrator tab in which he can see the configuration o the project but he can't edit something he can just view it

i went to the global permissions i set " administrate project " and didn't associate it to any role

but even that did'n work

Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 22, 2013

Administrate project is not part of global permissions, its part of the permission scheme for the project. In order to check the global permissions you have to go to administer section and then Global Permissions, those permissions for Jira in general.

0 votes

0 votes
[]D []-[] [] []_ May 22, 2013

Remove the User from group 'jira-administrators'?!

Suggest an answer