disable notification in jira

Neeta Dubey September 12, 2013

We have disable notification button in JIRA however even though it is checked its sending out the emails. what could be the issue

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

thanks Svante!

Neeta Dubey September 16, 2013

I got the place where configuration of this button is done however not sure what settings needs to checked. It is a custom field with multicheck box type. I am unable to upload the screen shot

Svante Gustafsson Björkegren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 16, 2013

The custom field is probably used to indicate if the issue shall trigger a notification or not. There is a piece of code somewhere in your instance that looks at this custom field to evaluate whether the notification shall be suppressed or not.

How this customization is implemented is hard to to say without looking at your system.

0 votes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 12, 2013

Hi,

Could you describe a little bit more what Notification is disabled in your system? Where do you see the screen-shot you added?

// Svante

0 votes
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 12, 2013

Hi Neeta,

You can try the Notification Helper function in JIRA.

Just type g+g and then Notification Helper

This tool can assist you finding out why specific notifications are sent.

You can read more about it here

Let me know how it goes!

Kind regards,

// Svante

this was a customised button created by the developers who installed jira for us. If this particular button is checked no notification would be sent out only for this ticket.

Rising Star
Rising Star
September 12, 2013

aha, got it!

You can with this button suppress notifications based on ticket. In that case I guess your customized script is no longer working as intended. Have you recently upgraded JIRA? This could potentially break customizations like this. Has it stopped work recently?

Rgrds,

// Svante

I dont remember making any changes and it used to work fine it past.It justed stopped working all of a sudden.

Any idea where can i check the settings for this custom button.

Rising Star
Rising Star
September 12, 2013

It is hard to say how this has been implemented from where I sit. You should probably contact someone familiar with your system and also how JIRA can be customized. If you don't have such person in house you can always contact an Atlassian Expert in your area. They can definitely help you!

Rgrds,

// Svante

Suggest an answer