disable history tab on view screen for a project

Sreenivasaraju P
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 12, 2015

Hi,

I want to disable the Histrory tab on JIRA view screen for a particular project. Is this possible ? if yes, please help me with solution.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Sreenivasaraju P
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 12, 2015

Able to do with RestrictedChangeHistoryTabPanel which extends ChangeHistoryTabPanel . Replaced ChangeHistoryTabPanel with RestrictedChangeHistoryTabPanel in  system-issuetabpanels-plugin.xml 

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 12, 2015

That would require some coding - you'll need to add something into the core of the "issue view" that says "if project = X, do not render issue history".

You could do an insecure version with javascript to hide the tab, but the raw html of the page will still have it, and Javascript is easy to work around/break.

I think it might be more useful to ask why you want to do this though?

Sreenivasaraju P
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 12, 2015

Thanks for your reply.. 

We are developing system where the users should the the person name who have update the certain fields. we are ok show the updated field value to all the users, but don't want to reveal the who have update the value.

I have tried with RestrictedChangeHistoryTabPanel class which will extend ChangeHistoryTabPanel,no use. Previously it work in older  versions. Now we are using JIRA 6.2.7. In this version , it is not working.

Suggest an answer