different sub-domain routing to JIRA and Confluence on same server

Robert Ides April 2, 2013

Dear,

this question might be too "newbee" for all those skilled and experienced, but I'm having troubles to get it solved. Situation is: I have JIRA and Confluence running on the same Win Server 2012 machine. Both, Jira and Confluence, are mapped using different port. There is a MS DNS server running in the network, taking care of all traslations as well a managing domains and sub-domains. My problem is following:

For Jira, I would like to use sub-domain issues.domain.com, for Confluence portal.domain.com. Both of them are on the same server with 1 IP. Both installations done through Win installer, which includes Tomcat.

Can you please help/advise on how can I map external domain to IP:port? There is no IIS and each installation has own Tomcat. I really don't know how to do it.

Thank you all for help.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Pedro Cora
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 4, 2013

Robert,

If both are on a server with just one IP Address, you need to add a reverse proxy in front of it. Otherwise, you won't be able to make such configuration.

You can use https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Integrating+JIRA+with+IIS or https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Integrating+JIRA+with+Apache.

Then you just need to point your DNS records to the server's IP Address.

Cheers,

Pedro

Robert Ides April 12, 2013

Pedro, thank you a lot and apologize for such a delayed answer. Unfortunately I travel a lot an trying to manage issue and project management "tools" for my team of business consultants in spare time.

Jira is made mainly for software development, but it is so highly customizable, that any business process and industry can adopt it. I really appreciate your help.

There is one more point (and maybe different thread), I would like to ask. Is there any way to associate different issue priority with Issue type scheme or project? There some IT and some pure business projects our team is working on, and therefore some cutom priorities on non-IT project would not make any sense on IT testing and delivery, where different severity and blockers are required to be logged.

Thank you in advance,

Robert

Suggest an answer