different email notifications depending on prioriy on issue creation?

David Toussaint _Communardo_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 21, 2012

Hi folks,

I am wondering if there is a way that I can configure different email notifications for the same project depending on the issues priority. I'll give you an example:

If an issue with Priority A, B or C is created I whish to be only notified on a daily basis.
If an issue with Priority D is created I whish to be notified instantly (or say, within 10 Minutes).

Please not that this should only applied if I am the assignee of the corresponding issue.

While I know this is possible by recieving filterresults via email, I am not completely satisfied as I would have to add fillters for all my colleagues as well. Which could be a lot of filters.

Any other way to achieve this?

Thanks and cheers, David

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 21, 2012

Filters is the easiest way. Instead creating filters for all, you can create a filter and subscribe it to a group. Wouldn't that work?

0 votes
Andy Brook [Plugin People]
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 4, 2012

In passing, filtration of notifications via user managed rules, eg 'priority' is something I did a while back with JDigest which didn't really take off as it needed source changes. With JEMH and its Issue Listener, this kind of need would be addressed by JDigest reworked as a plugin to JEMH, or so goes the theory. Its not going to happen soon, but Im getting there!

Suggest an answer