different default value for "customer" field depending on the screen

Will R September 4, 2013

I have a customer field we use internally when selecting the customer for an issue.

I want the customers to be able to submit their own issues via issue collector but obviously not see the other customers in the list.

For reporting and just understanding who requested this I dont want to make a new field for each customer as then we'd need to start filtering two fields to not miss customer submited requests.

Basically how can keep the "customer" field hidden in the collector form but preset to a default value (based on that customers specific collector/screen fields set up).

In fields I can set the customer field to a default but every screen that uses that field gets changed. I cant have this. I can't do it based off issue type either because the issue type needs to be used across the board as well..

any ideas?

thanks in advance.

-Will

1 answer

0 votes
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 5, 2013

i think you have to do it by using javascript and i am not sure whether it can be done by using behaviour plugin

Suggest an answer