difference between weblink and conflunce page link

sn July 6, 2017

hi,

we have JIRA software 7.3 and Confluence 5.10.

we have linked both(i think) but when i see at confluence under app links - i dont see JIRA as incoming but only outgoing link. In our JIRA - even though i see confluence as primary link, its not outgoing.

i was still able to use all all JIRA related macros in confluence and was able to create software project spaces and create issues/epics from conflunce.

the only think im noticing is that i cannot add confluence page link to issues in JIRA but i can add a weblink page to confluence..when i add the page URL to link the webpage, it gives me an error saying that the page doesnt exist.

whats the difference between adding a page as a confluence page link Vs web link ?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Christoph Schötz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 7, 2017

Hi,

JIRA doesn't seem to be able to reach your Confluence instance - is there any proxy or firewall preventing it from reaching it?

If you add only a weblink to a JIRA issue, the issue will not be linked to the Confluence page - you have to link it to a Confluence page therefore. Guess it will be a bit of debugging but you should be able to fix that - if not post some log excerpts and configurationd details here and we will see ;)

Hope that helps?

Cheers

Christoph

sn July 7, 2017

thanks chris!

what exactly you mean by weblink will not link to confluence page? using web URL , we can link JIRA to any web page, right ?

Christoph Schötz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 7, 2017

Sure you can but Confluence won't recognize the incoming link as a JIRA issue

Suggest an answer