deleting existing jira accoutn

Calum Coburn November 20, 2012

Hell all

I need to delete jira user account from the users list, but the user has at about 1000 issues assigned to him.

Is there any possibility automatic to reassign that user tasks to somebody else in the team and delete?

or should I reassign all manually?

Best regards

2 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 20, 2012

No. You need to do it manually (use bulk-edit though, it's much faster than one-at-a-time)

You might also want to skip it completely - don't delete the user, just remove them from all groups and roles. You'll have a nice neat historical record and the account won't take up any licenses if they're not in any groups/

0 votes
Nitram
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 20, 2012

Hi,

As for as I know, there are two possible ways,

1) In the issue navigator, write a jql selecting the issues of that particular assignee, goto the tools, do a bulk issue update, but this will cause problem because there are more than 1000 issues assigned to him, when you try this, there is a possibility of your server going down due to load.This is a bad idea.

2) This will be a better option, write a script in REST using python or perl or implement the REST using JAVA which ever you know better, do the same jql using script, get all the issues from the response and process it in a loop and change the assignee.Once this is done.

you can go ahead and delete the jira account.

Hope it helps.

Suggest an answer