deleted issue is not showing on backlog in agile board

RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 5, 2014

one of our user has deleted issue from sprint and after that it is not showing on backlog but it is showing on jql filter which is used to create that board.

what might be the reason??

any help appreciated!!!

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 5, 2014

That you've removed it from the sprint.

RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 5, 2014

let me know if i am wrong on following ,

if we remove issue from sprint then it should go to the backlog right?

if i am wrong pls let me know how to restore or get it display on backlog/other sprint

Thanks!!

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 5, 2014

That was a little bit of a short answer on my part, sorry.

Some questions though

• What *type* of Agile board are you using?
  • Assuming it's a Scrum board, have you checked the entire backlog for it?
  • What type of issue is it?
  • How did the issue get delete from the sprint?
  • What happens if you go to the issue in plain Jira and click "show on Agile board"?
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 5, 2014

answers for you question as

1. it is a scrum board

2. yes, i went through the entaire backlog, not found that issue

3. issue type is New work

4.as per user, he deleted from sprint on scrum board

5. it is giving "Failed to execute search" but there is no errors on log file

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 5, 2014

Ok, 1 and 2 good to know, thanks

3 - is that a parent issue type or a sub-task?

4 - Ok, so he was looking at the board, but how exactly did he delete it from the sprint?

5 - Interesting. The issue details are all correct though? It looks fine until they click "show on Agile board"?

Suggest an answer