delete subtask by a developper

Jira Median December 14, 2017

Hi,

As an admin user I can delete a subtask.

But developpers of my team cannot delete subtasks (there is no the link "delete" in the menu)

How can modify this please ?

We are in the 7.6.1 version on Jira

best

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 14, 2017

I suspect you have a good admin who has set up the permission scheme to disallow "delete issue" to most people.

You could change that to allow them to delete, but it is very likely that you will end up with users deleting the wrong thing and then creating project sized requests to get their deleted issues back (you have to restore a backup just to get the raw data, then getting it into a production system that's moved on since that backup is a right pain)

I'd strongly recommend telling your developers to simply close the sub-tasks with a "won't fix" or "created in error" resolution.

Or modify the permission scheme but educate your users that you will NEVER restore a deleted-in-error issue, and it's their own fault if (when) they mess up (In my experience, they will)

Jira Median December 14, 2017

Hi Nick,

thanks for the clear response.

As I am a good admin :)  I decided to not allow (as you recommend) the delete issue rights for developper.

Suggest an answer