delete a use and re assign all the issues

Christophe Dubernet de Boscq February 18, 2013

Hello,

I would like to delete a user in my Jira. So i click on administration, global users. I look for the user I want to delete and I click on delete. An error message says: « This user cannot be deleted at this time because there are issues assigned to them, they have reported issues ».

It is right so I click on the Assigned issues (more than 100 issues, all closed).

My problem is: I want to re assign all the issues to another user. But I can not do it in one shot (example: select all and re assign all issues to..) It will be very exhausting to do it one by one. I’m sure their is a better way.. Can someone help me with this?

1 answer

0 votes
Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 18, 2013

You can bulk assign issues. Your problem is (that's my guess) that closed issues can't be edited. At least that's the default (jira-workflow). You'd have to make them editable again by deleting the property on the closed step:

jira.issue.editable=false

Christophe Dubernet de Boscq February 18, 2013

Thanks for answering me. I tied to reopen all the issues. I tried several status but the problem is i cannot re assign several issues to a different user in one time. I don’t understand why because I’m pretty sure that a few month ago, it was possible..

Suggest an answer