delete a sprint that doesn't exist

Tynan Schmidt June 18, 2015

There is a sprint that no longer exists but it is showing up in the Sprint field when I edit a ticket.  I checked all of our boards and only two are scrum based.  Only one has a sprint, and it only has one.  Yet, two sprints are showing up to be selected in the Sprint field.  

The name of the "ghost" sprint relates to project that was deleted. 

We re-indexed and it solved this issue for another ghost sprint, but not this one.

3 answers

0 votes
Todd Empcke June 22, 2018

Same issue.  If I recall what happened was I had a kanban project, and created a new board for it, and the new board was a scrum board in a kanban project, the project and board were removed maybe a year ago, however this yet future sprint (FOOBAR sprint 2) still shows up... it must be orphaned somehow ?  using the issue search I know it has no issues in it... and I opened every board in the board list and can not find it anywhere

0 votes
Serge Quiniou January 6, 2016

Struggling with the same issue. I even have 1 sprint listed as active !

0 votes
Boris Berenberg
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 18, 2015

Are you 100% sure that it is not a project / board which you don't have access to? What happens if you just remove the value in the issue's edit screen?

Tynan Schmidt June 19, 2015

Thanks Boris.  As administrator, I hope I would see all.  I'm pretty sure it's just a rogue sprint that got separated from a deleted project.  There's another one listed under "all sprints" that I know doesn't exist.  

I'm not able to remove while editing the field. Or maybe I'm misunderstanding you?

Boris Berenberg
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 19, 2015

As an administrator, you will not necessarily see all. You will need to add whatever group you use to administer JIRA to the browse project permission in every permission scheme in your system to grant yourself access to all projects.

Granted permissions on the only other project that is scrum based. All the others are kanban. when i search under "sprint" i find no records, but it did identify them as sprints 2 and 7. Any way to remove those?

clarification: when i search for sprints 2 and 7, no records appear

Suggest an answer