deactivating the export button in "Search Issue"

we want to hide or deactivate the Export-Button in the Search for Issue area.

Does anybody know if this is possible?

2 answers

1 accepted

Accepted Answer
0 votes
Mizan Community Champion Oct 20, 2013

There is a system plugin called Issue opertions under that there are modules for exporting results to excel , rss ,word ,etc . You can disable these modules .

Or you can simple write a javascript which will remove this export button from the page .

Try the below script in the announce ment banner . Please test on a test environment before applying to live

<script type="text/javascript">
AJS.$(function(){
          AJS.$('span').each(function(){
                if(AJS.$(this).html() =='Export'){
				AJS.$(this).remove()

}
			})
	})
</script>

Mizan Community Champion Oct 20, 2013

do not disable all plugins only the modules which are of type search-request-view

do you mean the plugin: Issue Operations Plugin ?

And do you know which functionality will be hidden if we deactivate this one plugin? (It sounds like more functionalities than only export functionality..)

I am not sure to understand you correctly. I could deactivate the plugin (about the plugin-interface from JIRA). If I have to disabel only types of search-request-views, where can I do this? Do I need for this java script? (For me it would be more easy to make a setting then change the java...)

Mizan Community Champion Oct 21, 2013

PAste the above javascript in the announcement banner it will hide the Export button . Dont forget to test on a test environment first .

I could deactivate the export-kinds about the plugin Issue Views Plugin. After this the button Export don't content any entry. But is there a way to hide this button about another plugin?

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 25, 2018 in Jira

Atlassian Research Workshop opportunity on Sep. 28th in Austin, TX

We're looking for participants for a workshop at Atlassian! We need Jira admins who have interesting custom workflows, issue views, or boards. Think you have a story to sha...

418 views 7 5
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you