date mismatch while importing CSV

Nagaveer November 7, 2013

Trying to import issues from a CSV file having a "date created" column with format 'yyMMdd' . After import the created date is not matching the CSV date field data.

Example: If CSV file has date-created as 070112(i.e 12 Jan 2007) then the date in JIRA after import is 10 Jan 2007.

Please help.

6 answers

0 votes
Hajnalka Tanczos August 5, 2015

Hi Naghaveer,

I see, that this mailing is quite old, but I saw similar problem today. I could import my csv without any error, but there is one day different between date in csv and date in imported issues. There is only one date in my csv: due date. Do you know the solution?

Br,

Hajni

0 votes
Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 7, 2013

Hi Naghaveer

That's really wierd behaviour that I can't recreated in my own instance.

Maybe you should log a support call here : https://support.atlassian.com

I'm sorry I could not help you. One way to fix it would be to let a formula in excell exctract 2 days from your due date field.

Best regards,

Peter

0 votes

Yes both date created and due date in same format and also displaying in correct format. But getting 2 days difference in date created.

regards

Naghaveer

0 votes
Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 7, 2013

Hi Naghaveer,

are you sure you are comparing the right csv row with the right jira issue?

Is it only for one issue or are all issues wrong?

Is it only for this date field or for all date fields?

Because the format you use is one that's recognized by the SimpleDateFormatter used by Jira.

Also if you didn't have any errors during import it would be really wierd that it's suddenly a 2 days difference.

Best regards,

Peter

The CSV file has two date columns-"Date created" and "Due-date"

For all the issues, I'm getting 2 days difference only for "Date created". But "Due-date" is showing correct date

Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 7, 2013

So for all the issues the date created is wrong?

And both date created and due-date have the same date format in your csv?

Best regards,

Peter

0 votes

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your response.

I did not get any error.Import was successful.

0 votes
Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 7, 2013

Hi Naghaveer

Did you get any errors during the import?

Best regards,

Peter

Suggest an answer