daily reboot necessary

Ian Aylward September 8, 2016

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 8, 2016

Absolutely not.  If you're finding problems that make you restart it, then there's something wrong with your setup.

Ian Aylward September 8, 2016

Thanks for the prompt response, I meant to include more details.

On-premise installation, each morning when we attempt to login(Admin), we receive a timeout error in the browser.

After a reboot, we are able to connect.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 8, 2016

What do the log files say is going wrong overnight?

Ian Aylward September 12, 2016

Which log file(s) should we be looking at?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 12, 2016

The application logs under <JIRA home>/log and the Tomcat server logs in <JIRA install>/logs

Mark Power September 15, 2016

The below is what I see in the catalina log when it stopped working today. It is not always overnight. Today I was editing a workflow and it stopped responding.

15-Sep-2016 13:57:11.602 WARNING [http-bio-8443-exec-25] com.sun.jersey.spi.container.servlet.WebComponent.filterFormParameters A servlet request, to the URI https://URL:8443/rest/workflowDesigner/latest/workflows/transitions, contains form parameters in the request body but the request body has been consumed by the servlet or a servlet filter accessing the request parameters. Only resource methods using @FormParam will work as expected. Resource methods consuming the request body by other means will not work as expected.

Suggest an answer