customfield database queries

Goodgame Studios March 25, 2015

Hi,

I would like to know whether its possible to query the Database for the following two scenarios:

1. A list of all custom fields and there usage in issues (JQL: "custom field" is not EMPTY result) within one result table
  2. A list of all custom fields and their usage in issue screens (whether a custom field is "active" or not) within one result table.

Regards,

Jan

3 answers

0 votes
Goodgame Studios April 28, 2015

Hi @Silviu Burcea,

thank you, it works. But the next question, after the result table is 1.400.000 rows long, is how can I sum up the result for every customfield, like:

| CUSTOMFIELD_ID | CUSTOMFIELD_NAME | AMOUNT OF ENTRIES IN ISSUES |

| customfield_10001 | ABC | 12356 |

| customfield_10007 | Epic Link | 30000 |

| customfield_10008 | Sprint | 30000 |

Regards,

Jan

Joe Bednarz March 11, 2019

select id "Customfield ID", cfname "Customfield Name", count(*) "Number of Issues" from customfield
group by id, cfname;

0 votes
Goodgame Studios April 13, 2015

Hi Silviu,

thanks for your answer. Maybe I'm too blind. What do you mean with "set up a new database source" ... "in sql routine"? Although everything is installed, I can't find the "sql routine". Do you anything like an documentation link (with pictures smile) for me?

Thanks & Regards,

Jan

Silviu Burcea
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 13, 2015

Here it is: https://confluence.kepler-rominfo.com/display/DBCF/Data+Source+Configuration . You will need a Resource pointing to JIRA DB.

0 votes
Silviu Burcea
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 31, 2015

Hi Jan,

This is possible and you don't really need DBCF(unless you want to show this information over and over again, on every issue using DataTable CF). You only need Kepler Custom Fields(free, just like DBCF) and the sql routine.

You will need to set up a new datasource to access the JIRA database, it will be used as JNDI name in the sql routine or in the DBCF CF configuration. And now, the interesting part, the sql script:

select
CFV.*
, '|' as sep
, CF.*
, '|' as sep
, P.PKey || '-' || JI.IssueNum as IssueKey
from CustomFieldValue CFV
inner join CustomField CF on CFV.CustomField = CF.Id
inner join JiraIssue JI on CFV.Issue = JI.Id
inner join Project P on JI.Project = P.Id

The CFV table contains only the rows with values for the CFs.  The CF table contains the relevant information about the CF and finally, the JI and P tables will help you to get the issue key. I have used the || operator to concatenate some columns, you may need the concat function instead, depending on your SQL server type(MSSQL, MySQL, etc.).

You will probably want to select only the relevant columns from CFV and CF table, I have selected all the columns to have an overview on these tables.

Best regards,

Silviu

Suggest an answer