Víctor Dubra March 13, 2016

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 13, 2016

This is a bit of a short question, we need something more to work with

Víctor Dubra March 13, 2016

Hi, sorry, I thought I was just making a search. Anyway, what I need to know is how can I manage customer information in JSD. Our customers are all internal and we have an AD connection in place to "load customers" but it seems that is only useful to check email addresses. We dont use customer portal but email to receive incidents. For our agents would be very useful to have customer info like telephone number, position, and office. These fields have information in AD yet. How can we "import" it to JSD?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 14, 2016

Yes, answers does lead you to the "new question" thing a little too easily, and it's then easy to hit return and create an empty question.

JIRA doesn't directly support LDAP properties, but there's a few add-ons that will do it.  I'm not sure if any of them could pull in the telephone number, picture and so-on into Service Desk, but they can do it in plain JIRA, so your agents would at least have it as they work.

Try https://marketplace.atlassian.com/search?application=jira&category=&cost=&hosting=&marketingLabel=&q=ldap  - I'd say the Jelus and User Profiles are what you're looking for.  I've used the "User profiles" one in Confluence and that did what it said on the tin, but I'd recommend trying both, rather than go on my "well it works in a totally different system" feeling.

Víctor Dubra March 15, 2016

OK, LDAP sync for fields is possible only with third-party tool.

It would also viable for us to fill phone number, position and office when "inviting" a customer but as of now we only can put an email and send it to the user/customer.

Can we extend the customer profile adding this fields and filling them manually?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 15, 2016

My understanding is that it's a one-way thing - you can only read details from LDAP, not add them.  I may well be wrong of course, so I'd suggest testing!

Víctor Dubra March 15, 2016

I am afraid it's have been a bit of misunderstanding. Not asking for read-write to AD.

The question goes, forgetting about LDAP:

Can we create the fields in JSD customer profile and fill them by hand?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 15, 2016

Oops, I'm sorry, I didn't read it correctly.

JIRA's user properties are effectively admin-only, so there's not  lot you can do with them.  JSD doesn't have a way to tag them in.

I suspect the best you could do is add fields to the issues, and then use code to drag the data out into customer profiles.  You'd need more code to try to prevent the fields appearing for existing users as well.

Suggest an answer