custom screen

keshav kumar November 4, 2014

HI Experts,

I just wanted to know can we able to have a custom screen to do user defined operations like adding some values.

As i know there are only 3 screens in JIRA create issue edit issue and resolve issue screen.please correct if am wrong.

i need to create seperate screen to have my user defined operation is it possible.

Thanks in Advance

Kumar

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 4, 2014

Screens can be used in four places.

Issue View - when you look at an issue

Issue Edit - when you edit the issue

Issue Create - when you create one

Transitions - when you move issues from status to status

There is no such thing as "link a screen to a status" - it's complete nonsense in JIRA terms (and mostly useless in the real world too).  What you probably want to do is use transition screens - different screens appear according to what you're doing to the issue.

0 votes
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 4, 2014

In the configuration of the workflow , different state to choose different Transition View1234.jpg

0 votes
keshav kumar November 4, 2014

thank you for your quick reply

but how to link a screen to a status of a workflow

can you please elaborate

0 votes
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 4, 2014

in workflow config,one status can match one screen view

Suggest an answer