custom field for calculating the age of a person

Nick Hizenko October 6, 2017

I currently have a project for HR purposes. All my issues in that project = candidates' profiles with custom fields. So i have the custom field "Birthdate" (Date type custom field) . How can I calculate the age of a person. I do understand that it's pretty much easy to subtract current date from Value of the "Birthdate" field, but i need help with the formula itself

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 9, 2017

Jira natively does not have a means to calculate fields like this, but there are lots of possible 3rd party plugins that can do that.  I believe both scriptrunner, and the Misc Custom fields plugins can do this, but I think your syntax for this would be different depending on what plugin you are using with Jira.

I found an interesting discussion on using the Misc Custom fields on how to do this in MISC Custom Fields: Calculate person's age

I hope that helps.  If not, please let us know more about which method you are using to try to calculate these values.

Suggest an answer