custom field- count lenght in jira

Neeta Dubey April 27, 2014

I want to add a field in JIRA which need to be numeric only and that it should have perfect count of 7. That field shouldnt contain more than 7 or less than 7.

2 answers

2 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 27, 2014

Most likely some reference to an external system... ?

You can use a regular expression validator, you can do this with Script Runner or there are plugins that offer this in a more targeted way.

Thanks Jamie for your suggestion. Can i accomplish this by using a validator in workflow? if yes which validator condtion could help me to achive this?

0 votes
Boris Georgiev _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 27, 2014

Why would you want all your issues to contain a field which is always equal to "7" ? What are you actually trying to do with that field ?

If you're sure that's what you need - then make the field default value to be 7 and then make it read only through the appropriate Field Configuration Scheme.

Thanks for looking into this issue. This is a filed where user enter a code for one of our application. the code is limited to 7 digit however due to typo they some time enter it 6 digits or 8 digits and then we need to verify the code with the users again. so if i have filed which validates it during the ticket creation will solve my purpose.

Boris Georgiev _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 27, 2014

Oh you ment length of the digits :). I thougth you just want the number 7 :). Then look at what Jamie suggested

Suggest an answer