custom field configured to Required in resolve screen but apear in create issue screen in jira

yariv golan March 26, 2013

HI,

I was adding a fustom field name "Fix Revision" to be required only at resolve screen so that when dev will resolve the bug he will put revision number.

Once i made this field reqired, when creating a new bug,and submit this i see a popup message saying that "Fix Revision" in required.

How come? i have tried any thing,

Can someone help please?

Thanks

Yariv.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 26, 2013

Fields in Jira are required or optional for the whole lifecycle of the issue. It is nothing to do with screens, workflow or anything else. If you say "field is required", it's needed from Creation onwards.

What you need to do is make it optional and then add a validator for "field required" on the resolve-issue transition(s). You'll need a plugin to add that validator to Jira, but there's loads that implement it - Jira Suite utilities, the Script Runner, Misc workflow extensions...

Suggest an answer