custom field change doesnt appear in issue history

r
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 17, 2013

Hi,

we've just migrated to jira 5.1.4 and noticed, that a change of a custom field value on an issue is not stored in the issue history.

I would be grateful for any ideas of what the problem coud be

thanks

Rad

7 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 20, 2013
  1. Backup your JFS settings
  2. uninstall JFS
  3. Shut down JIRA.
  4. Delete contents of the <tt>JIRA Home Directory\caches\indexes\changes</tt> directory
  5. Delete contents of the <tt>JIRA Home Directory\caches\indexes\comments</tt> directory
  6. Delete contents of the <tt>JIRA Home Directory\caches\indexes\entities</tt> directory
  7. Delete contents of the <tt>JIRA Home Directory\caches\indexes\issues</tt> directory
  8. Remove the content of the following directory:
    • <JIRA Home Directory>/plugins/.bundled-plugins
    • <JIRA Home Directory>/plugins/.osgi-plugins
  9. Restart again.
  10. Perform re-indexing
  11. Install JFS again
  12. import your JFS settings

It worked on our side (don't ask me why)

Udo

r
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 20, 2013

Thanks Udo, your suggestion + suggestion from Atlassian support (points 3 to 10 from your list + deleting directory Catalina located under <tt>$JIRA_INSTALLATION\work)</tt>worked!

I appreciated your help,

Regards,

Rad

Anthony Van Alphen October 29, 2014

I have used the same workaround with success - however it seems that if I stop/start my JIRA instance I get the same problem and have to go through the full cycle above to make all correct - Is there still a JFS root cause issue that needs to be addressed?

Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 29, 2014

Hi Anthony, If I member it correct we didn't had the the JFS plugin installed correctly with the patches provided by quisapps. After we did that we had no further issues.

Anthony Van Alphen October 29, 2014

Can you provide your JFS version and applicable patch versions? - Thanks

Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 29, 2014

Sorry I can't (not with the customer anymore). Please see here: http://www.quisapps.com/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=3047432

0 votes
r
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 20, 2013

i tried to change the custom field value by editing the issue and using postfunction "Update issue custom field" but i cant see the change being recorded in the issue history

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 18, 2013

Can you elaborate, how is the change being done? Is it done using a standard JIRA workflow action or Edit or is it done by the plugin?

0 votes
r
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 17, 2013

we use JFS plugin too...

0 votes
r
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 17, 2013

yes, we use third party plugins

0 votes
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 17, 2013

We have the same issue. Atlassian think it might be due to a third party plugin (in our cases the JFS Plugin). We were not able to confirm it yet...

0 votes
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 17, 2013

Have you any third party Plugins installed?

Suggest an answer