custom field after restore

Deleted user December 13, 2017

is there any reference for me to see how to deal with custom fields after restoring ? 

custom field - global level 

custom field - not global level ? limited to certain project use , is this possible ?

on the other hand, I realized that during import, I need to create new custom field for each project as I cannot see previous created ones, perhaps those previous custom field created during import, so they are not for every project ? 

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 13, 2017

Restoring a system is no different to just using one.

You handle custom fields the same way you do with one that you've just installed, or been using for years.

A custom field can be global, or localised to a project and/or issue type, and you can change that as an admin.

I'm not sure what your last paragraph means.  If you're importing projects though, at a guess, yes, you need to have the fields in place to recieve the incoming data.  It doesn't matter if the fields are global or localised, as long as they are valid for the project you are importing.

Deleted user December 13, 2017

I was importing csv and creating new custom fields, but found 'twins' since I didn't create these custom fields in global level, maybe ? 

so after export to have a review, I can see one export file containing 'twins' because I did twice import and generate new custom field twice.

I think the bottom line would be global field creation , not during csv import. 

Custom field (Activity)
Custom field (Activity)
Custom field (Epic Colour)
Custom field (Epic Link)
Custom field (Epic Name)
Custom field (Epic Status)
Custom field (Priority Rank)
Custom field (Priority Rank)
Custom field (Rank)
Custom field (Story Points)
Custom field (User Impact)

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 14, 2017

This looks like you told Jira to create duplicate fields instead of making sure the context for the existing fields was valid for your project and mapping them correctly.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events