csv import using webdav

irakli min October 18, 2013

i'm new to jira. i have uploaded some files on my webdav folder . i'm importing issues via csv and want to link the attachments to existing files in my webdav on atlassian, but i don't know how to do this corectly. im trying to make this via http, but system can't link. when trying to using file protocol system by default links to like this : "/import/attachments/filename.ext" , but my files are in webdav.

i'm using jira on demand . the atlassian site ,where is webdav and the site , where i want to import issues are the same.

3 answers

0 votes
Premkumar Jayakumar November 27, 2015

This isn't a scalable model, IMHO. Webdav upload support is provided to users. But why the link to the uploaded content be not allowed to be accessible as an attachment to the issue that will be created through the CSV import?

0 votes
irakli min October 23, 2013

Thanks, MR.Turner. i will try this for few issues. if i get fair result, will do this for all issues.

0 votes
cbenard1
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 20, 2013

Hi Irakli,

Attachment links cannot be made from the UI (and not at all in OnDemand) If you'd like persue the CSV import route you won't be able to upload your attachments yourself. You'll need to visit support.atlassian.net and create a support ticket requesting the attachments be uploaded. From there you can leave them in webdav and a support engineer will be able to upload them for you.

If you choose this route please arrange them like so:

1. One folder per project named the same as that project key.

2. Each project key named folder contains folders for each issue that has attachments. Each of those folders is named after the issue key and contains all attachments for that issue.

3. Then all of the project key folders are zipped together and uploaded to webdav

For example if you have a project with the key AD and that project has 3 issues AD-1, AD-2, and AD-3 and only issue AD-1 and AD-2 have attachments your file will look like this:

attachment.zip
it'll containg a subfolder named AD
that subfolder will have 2 subfolders named AD-1 and AD-2
those subfolders will have attachments to those two issues

Thanks

Turner

Suggest an answer