cross project/workflow transition linked issue post function

mahmoud atout January 5, 2015

hello there

we are using JIRA to track internal issues and support tickets from the customer, I created Projects for each site with simple workflow (new issue, open, scheduled, resolved, approved and closed), when a client create a ticket the project manager review it, if it is a bug, he will clone an move it (through clone and move plugin) to another project where the client can't see anything

now what i am trying to do is that make the issue from the client project transition based on transitions from the internal workflow 

for example when the cloned issue in the internal workflow transitioned to approve from QA the issue on the client side will be resolved (and copy attachments and resolution) to it.

I am using post functions to transition linked issues like

1. Set issue status to the linked status of the destination workflow step.
    Add a comment to an issue if one is entered during a transition.
    Update change history for an issue and store the issue in the database.
    Re-index an issue to keep indexes in sync with the database.
    Fire a Generic Event event that can be processed by the listeners.
  2. Transition 41 will be triggered on all issues linked to the current issue through the clones link type.
  3. The value of field Resolution will be set from the issue linked to the current issue by the clones link type (replacing existing values).

but it is not working

please help 

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
mahmoud atout January 19, 2015

after extensive research and testing I found the following

• when you create a post function you have to put the post function after the system post function and before the re-index post function , other wise it won't work 
  • the order of the "user made" post functions on every transition have some effect, the order must be logical and sequential, otherwise it won't work

now it is partially working, and sometimes one of the post functions refused to work for an unknown reason, i am still investigating the logs to see what is happening 

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 5, 2015

What does "it is not working" mean?  Error messages?  What does your log say when you try to do it?

Is transition 41 available on all the issues at the other end of the links?

How have you implemented all of this - there's quite a lot of coding or scripting to be done here and it's important that we understand how you've done it - what plugins/scripts etc?

mahmoud atout January 5, 2015

there is no error messages what so ever, And i will check the logs and post it here transition 41 is"resolved" transition, in which it is available at the client's workflow after the scheduled status ( the current status of the cloned issue ) and it is possible through JIRA Misc Workflow Extensions, it adds all sort of post functions and conditions to the workflow to use it I will check the logs, i may find something that helps

Deleted user October 29, 2017

Hi @mahmoud atout 

Were you able to find the issue? 

I am facing similar issue, I am using "Transition Linked issues" post function using JEMH add-on. 

I am cloning a bug (converting to user story) and then closing the bug. As soon as user story is cloned/created , the post function for transitioning the bug to closed state should execute. But somehow it does not seem to work.  I placed the post function in the end (after all functions) 

Any help?

Thanks,

Swathi

Suggest an answer