cross project version, board and back logs.

Donna Goodman June 26, 2017

I've read the documentation. I can't get it to work. for instance. the section on multi-project release says create a release, select the release name, select multi- project setting. There is no multi project settings to select!!!. The same for cross project boards and back logs. I can't find how to configure them. help. I need to demo this to  my team on Thursday so we can purchase. We have 3 Product Manager and a 1 dev team that works on all the products. So our Sprints and Releases are combined.  I need 3 projects  and 1 backlog, sprint, release. 

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 26, 2017

There's a few things you might mean here, could you tell us what documentation you're reading?

If you seach on cross project releseas:

How to create a cross-Project Release

Create cross-project release by folling these steps:

1.    Go to your plan > Releases > + Create release. 2.    Select the release name, choose Cross-project release. 3.    Click Add and select the projects that will be sharing this release. Select the dates

I also need to combine boards and sprints from 3 projects. any help would be appiciated. 

when I followed the above directions I couldn't see 'Cross-project release'. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 26, 2017

I'm still not seeing which document you are reading.

I just selected the ? icon at the header and typed cross project release. I typed in the reply what was in the document. 

the on-line documentation that comes with the product

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 26, 2017

Problem - that could be being generated by an add-on or internal function. 

Could you please just tell us the url?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 26, 2017

Right, the Portfolio add-on.

Do you have project administration rights on all three projects you wish to include, and do they all support versions?

I have project lead and administator. It that the same as project administrator? and they do all support release verison.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 26, 2017

It might be.  It depends on what your permission scheme says.  It is common to have a permission scheme that says "Project Administration rights:  Project Lead and People or Groups in the role of Project Admin", so you should check that (and, of course, that your in a group named in that rule)

Suggest an answer