creating sprint report from database

rob November 3, 2017

I'm going to start with "yes, I know that a sprint report is a click away in the JIRA interface," but I'm building a dashboard of other reports for our executives, using a third party reporting platform and I'm trying to find where in the JIRA database will show the issues that were added after a sprint started or if I just have to compare specific dates myself and which dates those would be. Does anyone have an idea on that?

3 answers

0 votes
rob November 9, 2017

I'm pretty sure I figured it out. I have to compare the date of the CREATED field in the changegroup table where the changeitem FIELD is Sprint, with the SPRINT start date. If the start date is earlier than the created date for the sprint change, it was added after the sprint started.

Aleš Leskovar March 11, 2019

Hello, can you post select here I think it would be usefull ? thx

0 votes
Domenico Manzo _Actonic_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 4, 2017

Sorry for off-topic, but much more easy to retrieve all you need for a report by JIRA Java API or JIRA Rest. Why SQL?

rob November 6, 2017

We've selected a third-party reporting tool that pulls information directly from the database and allows us to merge data from multiple sources across the company, not just from JIRA.

0 votes
Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 4, 2017

Dear Rob,

in this thread has been answered how to fetch data and you can extra condition with time to add.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Get-issues-by-sprint-from-database/qaq-p/422957/jump-to/first-unread-message

Cheers,

Gonchik Tsymzhitov

rob November 6, 2017

I saw this thread, but this doesn't give the particular detail I'm looking for, which is which issues were in the sprint when it started and which issues were added to the sprint after it started.

Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 6, 2017
rob November 7, 2017

I had reviewed that thread, but as the proposed solutions did not answer the question, it seemed like it would be less helpful. I've gotten as far as the commenters, but I guess I was wondering whether there was a marker aside from a date comparison. I guess not, so I'll have to work that out.

Suggest an answer