creating multiple issues in the linked issues

rTrack Support January 22, 2017

Hi all ,

I have a requirement which is something different .

we are having the products .

when the customer raise the tickets , the tickets can be resolve by the delivery team or product team or technology teams or also by server maintenance team .

we have already implemented a concept for this in the single issue itself .

we are trying to do something like this .

i tried to creating some demo queues like this .

queue one : delivery queue 

queue two : product queue

queue three : technology queue

queue 4 :server maintenance queue .

i am using the field pending with  : having the values like team1.team2,team3,team4

when i change the value to team1 and filling the some other custom fields also .while doing the transfer ,new issue will created in the queue two .

in this queue workflow also having the transfer option with the same as that .

when i try to transfer the call from the triggered issue then the issue needs to create in the other queue that is quue 3 .

And the main thing is need to link the first queue issue in all tickets .because it is the base tickets for all the newly generated tickets .

i am using the JIRA workflow toolbox to create the issue on other project using the create issue and subtask conditions .

@Fidel Castro Armario please help me on this .

suggest your answer .

each queue have different create issue screen .

same permission schemes and issue security schemes but different workflow too .

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Fidel Castro
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 22, 2017

You should use "Create issues and subtasks" post-function in the transition for transferring the issue. The are 2 different configurations:

1. Transition for transferring issue from "Delivery" team (i.e., queue A) to other teams.
  2. Transition for transferring issue from the rest of the teams (i.e., queues different from A) to any other team.

The difference between these 2 configurations is only in the parameter for creating the issue links, the rest of the parameters are the same.

Configuration for transferring from Queue A

Captura de pantalla 2017-01-23 a las 11.28.37.png

Configuration for transferring rest of queues

Captura de pantalla 2017-01-23 a las 11.27.18.png

In both configurations parameter "Project" uses the following string list expression that returns the project key of the queue where we want the new issue to be created depending on the value of field "Pending with":

getMatchingValue(%{aaaaa}, ["Delivery", "Tech A", "Tech B", "Tech C", "Product", "Server"], ["QA", "QB", "QB", "QB", "QC", "QD"])

replacing aaaaa with the field code for "Pending with".

I'm assuming that field "Pending with" is a Select List with the following options: Delivery, Tech A, Tech B, Tech C, Product and Server.

I'm also assuming that the project keys for each queue are: QA (for Delivery), QB (for Tech A, Tech B and Tech C), QC (for Product) and QD (for Server). 

In the second configuration parameter project key uses the following issue list expression:

filterByProject(linkedIssues("is caused by"), "QA")

I'm assuming that each issue is linked to issue in "QA" using issue link type "is caused by".

I also recommend you to add "A field is/isn't initialized or has/hasn't been modified" validation to "Transfer issue" transitions to check that field "Pending with" has changed in transition screen so that issue is not transferred to the same team it currently is in.

With this configuration issues could be transferred back to QA from the rest of queues, and this would create a new issue at QA. Is this correct? If you don't want that to happen, you can add "Boolean validator with math, date-time or text-string terms" to "Transfer issue" transitions with the following boolean expression:

%{aaaaa} != "Delivery"

replacing aaaaa with the field code for "Pending with".

rTrack Support January 23, 2017

Hi @Fidel Castro Armario ,

Queue a is the customer queue . it will change for each customer .

will this work out filterByProject(linkedIssues("is caused by"), "QA")

for my requirement .

I need to have all the issues transferred against a single ticket in the various queue .

ex : qa-1

qb-1 it will links qa-1 

when i trigger the issue from the issue qb-1 to qc-1 then the issue qc-1 will have the link of qa -1 

but not with qb - 1 .

Fidel Castro
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 23, 2017

2 questions:

1. Is transferring issue back to customer queue from other queues allowed?
  2. In affirmative case, should a new issue in customer queue be created?

1 .From other queues to delivery or customer queue is not allowed .

2. new issue need only to link on the customer queue  but not creating the issue in customer queue .

Fidel Castro
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 23, 2017

In that case we don't have to bother with project key for customer queue. We just simplify our configuration like this:

1. Parameter "Project" uses the following string list expression:

getMatchingValue(%{aaaaa}, ["Tech A", "Tech B", "Tech C", "Product", "Server"], ["QB", "QB", "QB", "QC", "QD"])

replacing aaaaa with the field code for "Pending with".

2. Parameter "Issue Links" uses the following string list expression for workflows of queues different from customer queue:

linkedIssues("is caused by")

For workflow of customer queues we use Current Issue at parameter "Issue Links", as shown in the screenshot of the first configuration.

3. You should add "Boolean validator with math, date-time or text-string terms" validation to "Transfer issue" transitions with the following boolean expression:

hasChanged(%{aaaaa}) AND %{aaaaa} != "Delivery"

This way we ensure that field "Pending with" has been edited in transition screen, and has a value different from "Delivery", in order to avoid transferring the issue back to customer queue.

Is caused by link type is not available in my system .

How to create new type of issue links in JIRA .

i know we can  use other link type too .If possible please revert me for how to creating the new issue link type .

And i have another one clarification .

While changing the team not only just transfer the issue to other teams .We will some additional fields like summary(tech a) ,description(tech a )   etc ..

we are having individual summary and description fields for each team .

Because customer may put some short summary .but depends on team the summary will change na so we are using like this .

image2017-1-24 14:32:27.png

image2017-1-24 14:33:16.png

image2017-1-24 14:33:46.png

This is the workflows post function of my delivery or customer queue .

For each team i am configuring one post function .if i am taking indirect or long steps please provide me shortest steps .

image2017-1-24 14:35:35.png

Fidel Castro
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 23, 2017

You can add new issue link types like explained here. You have to give a different name for each issue link direction. For example: "causes" and "is caused by".

For setting fields Summary and Description and you should use the following configuration in "Create issues and subtasks" post-function:

Captura de pantalla 2017-01-24 a las 11.04.46.png

Summary uses the following string list expression:

getMatchingValue(%{aaaaa}, ["Tech A", "Tech B", "Tech C", "Product", "Server"], [%{bbbbb}, %{bbbbb}, %{bbbbb}, %{ccccc}, %{ddddd}])

Description uses the following string list expression:

getMatchingValue(%{aaaaa}, ["Tech A", "Tech B", "Tech C", "Product", "Server"], [%{eeeee}, %{eeeee}, %{eeeee}, %{fffff}, %{ggggg}])

Doing the following replacements:

• aaaaa with the field code for "Pending with".
  • bbbbb with field code for "Summary" for QB
  • ccccc with field code for "Summary" for QC
  • ddddd with field code for "Summary" for QD
  • eeeee with field code for "Descriptionfor QB
  • fffff with field code for "Descriptionfor QC
  • ggggg with field code for "Descriptionfor QD
rTrack Support January 24, 2017

@Fidel Castro Armario ,

Please help me on this .

I am getting the below error while doing the team transfer .

image2017-1-25 14:53:30.png

@Fidel Castro Armario,

I resolved this issue .Due to parameter mismatch it occurs .

I have tried the configuration which are all you have mentioned here .

While transferring the issue to other queue or the same queue , the issue gets created but the link is not available in the new issue and first issue in the queue A .

And also i am having some issue type conflict .

For three queue we are using the same issue type but for one queue we are using some other issue type is it possible to do same in the single post function or need to create the new post function alone .

Fidel Castro
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 25, 2017

Can you please attach a screenshot of the configuration of "Create issues and subtasks" post-function in workflow of customer queue (queue A)?

We have 2 use 2 post-functions, one for each issue type to be created. Please, tell me which is the value of field "Pending with" and issue type for each queue.

rTrack Support January 25, 2017

This is the queue a workflow team transfer transition.

image2017-1-25 18:23:33.png

This is the queue b and queue c etc workflow team transfer transition .

image2017-1-25 18:25:17.png

For queue a : issue type : incident 

For queue b : issue type : incident 

For queue c : issue type : incident 

For queue d : issue type : Oncloud Support 

Pending with :

• Delivery                     -->Queue a
  • Partner                       -->queue b
  • Product-Fin                --> queue c
  • Product-Scm              --> queue c
  • DW                            -->queue d
  • Platform                   -->queue d
  • Runtime Infra           -->queue d
  • Runtime                   -->queue d
  • Magna                     -->queue e

For magna only issue type is different

Fidel Castro
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 25, 2017

The name of your issue link type is "is initiated by (Issue originated from another Issue)".

Use the following issue list expression at parameter "Issue Links":

linkedIssues("is initiated by (Issue originated from another Issue)")

On the other hand, you wrote "For queue d : issue type : Oncloud Support", but I think you meant "For queue e:...", isn't it?

@Fidel Castro Armario

Yes FIdel ,

I have told some example .

Queue E is the right queue .

@Fidel Castro Armario,

Thanks it gets worked out for me ..

I have some another doubts too ..

while transfering the issue to the other team i have to create the issues .

While doing the transitions or status changes need to get the status change will reflect in the custom field which is available in the parent for all issue .

I hope it is possible thing .

And also need to hide the transitions of the main issue  when issue is transferred to other team depends on the custom field value present in the main issue .

Fidel Castro
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 25, 2017

Sorry, I don't understand well your requirements.

Do you want to get field "Pending with" updated in parent issue every time the issue is transferred to a queue? Do you want it to be also updated in the rest of the queues?

In order to hide the transition in parent issue, you should add "Boolean condition with math, date-time or text-string terms" condition to "Transfer issue" transition with the following boolean expression:

%{aaaaa} = "Delivery"

Did you managed to solve the problem of creating 2 different issue types?

@Fidel Castro Armario,

i hope i can manage the another issue type by using another post functions in the same tansition with the condition .

My requirement is whenever and wherever i update the pending with field it must reflect all issues which is created under the main issue .

Another one thing is i am having the internal status fields for each queues .

For Partner  team i have the custom field with values of the queue  b statuses in the dropdown list .when the queue b person changes the status from open to in progress means then it has to be updated in that custom field which is in the parent issue .

i thing u can be able to understand it now .

for each team i have different status fields .respective fields will need to get updated .

The main theme of this concept is to know the status of the issue in a single issue .

Fidel Castro
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 25, 2017

In order to get synchronized "Pending with" in parent issue and all the issues linked with parent issue using "is initiated by (Issue originated from another Issue)" issue link type, you should use insert post-function "Write field on issues returned by JQL Query or Issue List" into transitions "Transfer issue" with the following configuration:

Captura de pantalla 2017-01-26 a las 10.00.32.png

Issue List is:

issueKeysToIssueList(%{00041}) UNION linkedIssues("is initiated by (Issue originated from another Issue)", %{00041})

where %{00041} is field code for Parent's issue key.

Fidel Castro
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 25, 2017

In order to implement 2 "Create issues and subtaskspost-functions for creating 2 different issue types in "Transfer issuetransitions, you should set parameter "Conditional execution" in each of the post-function with the following boolean expressions:

• Post-function for creating Incident issue type:
%{aaaaa} != "Magna"

• Post-function for creating Oncloud Support issue type:
%{aaaaa} = "Magna"

replacing %{aaaaa} in both expressions with field code for "Pending with".

This way we ensure that only the correct post-function is executed each time.

Fidel Castro
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 25, 2017

I have another question:

Do you have a status custom field in parent issue for each child queue? Or, do you have a single status custom field that should be set with the status of the most recently transitioned child issue?

i am having the individual custom fields for each child queues .

For each queue updation respective custom fields need to get update on the parent issue itself .

%{00041} is field code for Parent's issue key.

is the default value or based on the instance it will get change ah ??

Fidel Castro
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 25, 2017

%{00041} is always field code for Parent's issue key. It doesn't depend on the JIRA instance. The only field codes that depend on the JIRA instance are custom fields.

In relation with the status fields in parent issue, please wait for the new version of the plugin, that will be released in short. This new version provides calculated fields. You will be able to create a calculated field per child queue. These fields will always show the status of their corresponding queue.

I hope the new version will be released not later than tomorrow.

rTrack Support January 26, 2017

Oh great Fidel ..

Thanks for the immmediate responses ...

rTrack Support January 26, 2017

Please intimate for me once it gets released .....

is there any possbility to calculate the total timings taken for resolving the issue in the front end itself . 

if i create an issue then i transfer the issue to some other teams as child issue .

is there any feature to calculate the total timings taken on issue which have more child issues like my concepts .

is there any jql functionalities are available in JIRA workflow toolbox to calculate the timings,sla , difference between date custom fields .

Fidel Castro
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 26, 2017

You can use "Mathematical and date-time expression calculator" post-function to do any time calculation (sum times, subtract times, etc). With this post-function the result is a number. If you want to get a text representation like "2 days 4 hours 42 minutes" you should use "Copy a parsed text to a field" post-function, like in this example.

Anyway, in next version of the plugin you will be able to do the same with a calculated custom field that will be always showing the updated values, instead of needing to execute a transition.

rTrack Support January 27, 2017

@Fidel Castro Armario,

I have a doubt ,

issueKeysToIssueList(%{00041}) UNION linkedIssues("is initiated by (Issue originated from another Issue)", %{00041})

I have tried this but not working .may be i configured or understood wrongly .

the issue links are creating only on the parent issue right .

So shall i need to configure on which workflows .

child or parent workflows .

Fidel Castro
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 27, 2017

Sorry, I made a mistake: field code %{00041} (i.e. parent issue key) can't be used in this case, since the relation is not parent-sub-task, but though issue links.

Use the following issue list expression in parent issue workflow:

linkedIssues("initiates (Issue originated from another Issue)")

I'm assuming that the other direction of your custom issue link type is "initiates (Issue originated from another Issue)"

In the child issues' workflow use the following issue list expression:

linkedIssues("is initiated by (Issue originated from another Issue)") UNION linkedIssues("initiates (Issue originated from another Issue)", linkedIssues("is initiated by (Issue originated from another Issue)")) EXCEPT issueKeysToIssueList(%{00015})

This select list selects parent issue and all sibling issues. Note that %{00015} is field code for Issue key of current issue.

@Fidel Castro Armario ,

Its worked out for me .

Thanks man ..Great works  .

is it possible to copy the issue ids which are creating in the child queues are need to be updated in the parent queue .

I tried it worked too .But my requirement is i am having more child queues .There is a possibility for the confusion while seeing the child issue created in the main issue .

So for each child queue i have created one text field , when i created a new issue that needs to get updated , if more than one issue gets created then it needs to get append not to update in the main issue .

Fidel Castro
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 27, 2017

I'm a bit confused about your requirements. Do you want to have a text custom field in parent issue with all the issue keys of the child issues? For example, a comma separated list like this one: HR-1, HR-2, HR-4, HR7

For each child queue i have a each text field .

if i created more than one issue in any one child queue then that has to be maintained with comma seperated values .

Ex: in QA 

For Product Team - Fin 

i created a Fin Issue ids  and mapped in QA .

i transfer the issues to fin team .Then that issue will capture against Fin Issue ids field 

Then they transfer the issue Magna Queue .But once again they transfer the issue to Product Team - Fin .

Then at now two issue needs to maintain against that field .

Fidel Castro
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 28, 2017

Version 2.2.29 has been released. Please, update your JIRA Workflow Toolbox to the new version. Then you can create a Calculated Text Field in parent issue for each queue. Use the following configuration:

• Parsing mode: advanced
  • Text to be parsed:
toString(filterByProject(linkedIssues("initiates (Issue originated from another Issue)"), "Qx"))

I'm assuming that the issue links from parent issue to child issues are called "initiates (Issue originated from another Issue)". Qx is the project key for a specific queue.

rTrack Support January 28, 2017

K fine @Fidel Castro Armario.

i hope it wil satisfy my requirement .

Already i asked na , is it possible to append the issue ids in the text box as requested above .

And also i can use the calculated text field for individual queue .

for a single queue i am using more than one team right .

For 

here queue c and queue d have more than one team is it possible to handle this in any conditions instead of only project based .

rTrack Support January 28, 2017

@Fidel Castro Armario,

i have used this it shows issue id present on that queues .

But in that same i have used for two team as a subteam categorize with sub team .

i have a field base sub team (single select combo field):

product-fin 

product-scm 

i have to categorize this .

is this possible to categorize based on the project and also the custom field value .

Fidel Castro
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 28, 2017

Sorry, I'm becoming a bit lost. I thought that queues are actually defined by project, except main queue, which depends on the customer. This is the reason why I used project key for filtering issues by queue.

You can also filter by project and field value at the same time like this:

toString(filterByFieldValue(filterByProject(linkedIssues("initiates (Issue originated from another Issue)"), "Qx"), %{nnnnn}, =, "subteam name"))

or only by field value like this:

toString(filterByFieldValue(linkedIssues("initiates (Issue originated from another Issue)"), %{nnnnn}, =, "subteam name"))

replacing nnnnn with Select List custom field for sub-team.

rTrack Support January 29, 2017

@Fidel Castro Armario,

Thanks man ....

Great worked fine ..

to display the status how can i use that condition .

instead of custom field is it possible .

by using the jwt date or number custom fields ,

is it possible to acheive this condition .

created date , reopen date , resolutiondate 

if reopen date is null then need to take the difference between resolutiondate and created date 

if reopen date is not null then need to take the difference between reopen date and resolution date .

Fidel Castro
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 29, 2017

To show the value of a field in other issue use:

first(fieldValue(%{sssss}, issue_selection))

replacing sssss with the field code of the field you want to show, and issue_selection with a string list expression, for example:

For selecting issues by project and field value:

filterByFieldValue(filterByProject(linkedIssues("initiates (Issue originated from another Issue)"), "Qx"), %{nnnnn}, =, "subteam name")

and for selecting only by project:

filterByProject(linkedIssues("initiates (Issue originated from another Issue)"), "Qx")

where Qx is a project key, and nnnnn is the field code of the field you want to filter by.

For example, for reading the issue status of issue in queue B you should use:

first(fieldValue(%{00016}, filterByProject(linkedIssues("initiates (Issue originated from another Issue)"), "QB")))

where %{00016} is field code for Issue status.

For showing issue status you should use Calculated Text Field.

For showing dates, like creation, resolution and reopening, you should use Calculated Date-Time Fields. In this cases the field codes are written without %, in order to obtain the numeric value instead of the string value. For example:

• {00009} for date-time of creation.
  • {00112} for date-time of resolution.

For the reopening date you should use a hidden Date Picker custom field and a post-function in "Reopen Issue" transition for setting the custom field with current date. This way we are storing the reopening date for later usage. You can use "Mathematical and date-time expression calculator" with the following configuration:

• Target field: Reopening Date (Date Picker custom field)
  • Formula:

{00057}

where {00057} is field code for Current date and time.

I have tried this with the project and its status . it results the status .

but when i tried this condition it is not working .

may i wrong ???

first(fieldValue(%{00016}, filterByFieldValue(filterByProject(linkedIssues("initiates (issue trigerred another issue)"), "AAA"), %{20191}, =, "Product-Fin")))

And also i have another requirement ? please suggest the possible solutions .

Creating the issue in queue a .

then i transfer the issue to queue b .

the b queue assignee transfer the issue again to queue c . 

in the queue c they have given as pending clarification .Now i need to reopen that case .For that scenario i need to go to that queue and need to do the  reopen  transition .

is it possible to do that reopen option inside the queue b itself .

if i reopen the issue in the queue c by having the same transition on the queue b itself .

when i do this transition it gets reflected in that queue .

Fidel Castro
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 29, 2017

Hi,

First of all, Did you managed to make it work status fields with filter by field value? Your configuration is ok, assuming that %{20191} is the correct field code for sub-team, and Product-Fin is the correct sub-team name (respecting the case).

In relation with your other question, you can execute a transition in other issue by writing the name of a transition into virtual field "Execute transition" in any issue. To do it you should use "Write field on issues returned by JQL Query or Issue List" post-function with the following configuration:

• Source value type: Parsed text (basic mode)
  • Source value: Reopen Issue (I'm assuming this is the name of the transition you want to execute).
  • Target field: Execute transition
  • Issue selection mode: Issue list
  • Issue selection: an issue list expression for selecting the issues you want to be transitioned.

I don't exactly understand the behavior you want to implement. Please, tell me whether this is correct:

You want that each time a child issue is reopened, all the sibling child issues are reopened too. Is this correct?

My exact need is i will check only one queue .

Other than that queue i dont need to look out of it .

For ex :I am owner or queue b . i transfered the case to queue c . 

when the queue c owner put the status as pending clarification . then i need to change the status of the issue from my issue or my queue itself . in my queue the reopen or close option need to be enable  .

No that status field is not working til now .

filterByFieldValue(filterByProject(linkedIssues("initiates (issue trigerred another issue)"), "AAA"), %{20191}, =, "Product-Fin")

IT IS WORKING FINE  WHEn i put it as different expression .

For the status alone its not working for me .

Fidel Castro
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 29, 2017

I don't know what you mean by "i put it as different expression". In which case is it working correctly?

Please, ensure that the issue link name (as read from parent issue) is correctly written. I assumed that it's "initiates (issue trigerred another issue)", but I actually don't know it.

By the way, the correct expression should use function first(), like:

first(fieldValue(%{00016}, filterByFieldValue(filterByProject(linkedIssues("initiates (issue trigerred another issue)"), "AAA"), %{20191}, =, "Product-Fin")))

Fidel Castro
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 29, 2017

In relation with your other question, it can be done, but this thread it's taking too long, and I don't know which is the current configuration of your "Create issues and subtasks" post-functions. Please attach screenshots so that I can see the configuration of your post-functions.

Yeah it is worked now  man .

Will it result if this condition have more than one issues .

Fidel Castro
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 29, 2017

I was thinking that only one issue could be returned. If it can return more than one issue, then use toString() instead of first():

toString(fieldValue(%{00016}, filterByFieldValue(filterByProject(linkedIssues("initiates (issue trigerred another issue)"), "AAA"), %{20191}, =, "Product-Fin")))

This way a comma separated list of statuses will be returned.

1 vote
Fidel Castro
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 22, 2017

Hi,

I have difficulties to understand your requirements. Your scenario seems to be quite complex, and in order to be able to help you I need a very detailed and consistent description of the whole scenario. I will ask you some questions, but please, try not take for granted any detail. My questions are:

1. Do you have a different project per queue?
  2. Do all the queues share the same issue type?
  3. I'm not sure what you mean by "transfer". Is "Transfer" a transition in each of the 4 queues/workflows?
  4. In case "Transfer" is a transition, Which is the destination status? Does the issue remain closed/resolved in the queue/workflow the issue is transferred from? The XML export of the workflow, or a screenshot of the workflow would be very helpful to understand it.
  5. Is "Pending with" a Select List or Radio Button custom field to select the queue you want to transfer the issue to?
  6. Can an issue be transferred again to a queue where the issue was in the past? In affirmative case, what should happen: A second issue is created?

For a customer, delivery  team will assign the issue and check those issues ,

if that issue belongs to some other team like technology or server team or product team . they will create a new ticket in their own queue .

But we have planned to merge it as single queue .

i assume customer queue is QUEUE A 

TECHNOLOGY QUEUE IS QUEUE B 

SERVER TEAM QUEUE IS QUEUE C 

PRODUCT TEAM QUEUE IS QUEUE D

Now customer created the ticket in QUEUE A  .

Ticket id is :QA-1

i ANALYSED THIS AS TECHNOLOGY ISSUE .

So i need to transfer the issue to "Queue B". For that i am using the condition Pending with (Single level Combo). It have the values as

Tech-A ,

Tech-B,

Tech-c,

Product ,

Server .

When i choose Tech-A and do the transition then the new issue will get created in Queue B.as 

QB-1

Somebody is assigning this ticket in the Queue B .Then they are analyzing the issue it belongs to Product issue .So they also changing the Pending with Custom field as Product and do the transition in QB -1.

Then the issue needs to created in the QUEUE D and it will be as QD-1 .

In this QD-1 issue should have the main issue link which is the base for all this ticket QA-1 .

In the QA -1 I need the issues which are all creating from the various team which are related to tat ticket and need to have all the issue links in the main issue .

Another Scenario :

we are having three teams inside the technology also .

Tech-A 

team analysed the issue not belongs to their teams then They will transfer the ticket to Tech - b

So again one new issue will get triggered in the same queue with other Team Tech - b 

QB -2 .

This QB-2 needs to be linked to the issue QA-1

Could you able to understand the requirement of us .

Do u need any other details ??

When the issue is transferred from Queue A then the status of the issue is in INPROGRESS only .

If the issue is transferred from any other queue from other teams like Queue B ,Queue C,Queue D ,Then the status will set as transferred .

Fidel Castro
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 22, 2017

What happens if an issue is transferred back to a queue where there is already an issue in "Transferred" status? A new issue is created?

Yes @Fidel Castro Armario

If team a transfer the tickets to team b , they resolved one part of the issue and there may be the issue which belongs to the team a .So they again transfer the issue to the team a .Then the issue will be created newly in team a queue .

rTrack Support February 1, 2017

Hi  @Fidel Castro Armario,

I tried the calculated text field . it gets worked .

But i used that field in the jql filter . But it is not working to search that .

I copied the issue id in that custom field .

When i tried to put the issue id in that field for search its not working .

Shall i need to reindex the instance or it is just a read only field .

Fidel Castro
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 1, 2017

Edit the custom field, and check whether there is a Search Template selected, like shown in the screenshot:

text-searcher.png

It is same as like below :

image2017-2-1 18:35:56.png

Without exact search :

image2017-2-1 18:39:16.png

In jql search like below :

image2017-2-1 18:37:34.png

rTrack Support February 3, 2017

@fidel,

Please update the status I am waiting for your valuable reply ..

I have one doubt ..

While doing transition I can update the status of the other queue . At t same time is it possible to carry over the comments and attachments ????..

Fidel Castro
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 3, 2017

Sorry, I didn't noticed that you had answered my last post.

In order to solve the problem with the search, update to version 2.2.30 and do and reindex your JIRA server.

Fidel Castro
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 3, 2017

You can use "Write field on issues returned by JQL Query or Issue List" for copying attachments and comments entered in transition screen. To do it you should use the following configuration:

1. Copy comment entered in transition screen:
    Captura de pantalla 2017-02-03 a las 22.36.24.png

2. Copy attachments entered in transition screen:
    Captura de pantalla 2017-02-03 a las 22.36.55.png

@Fidel Castro Armario,

Thanks for the immediate fix ..

i am facing the below error .

image2017-2-4 16:8:29.png

This error occurs scenario ..

i have pending with field it have nearly 10 values . while choosing the Magna as a value i cannot proceed this .

In this transition i used two create issue post function .

one is for all pending with value except Magna  which will create the issue in different projects with same issue type as incident .

But for Magna i am using different issue type .So i put it as a different post function based on your suggestions in above .

Please help me to resolve .

I have to give the demo on day after tomorrow .

@Fidel Castro Armario,

It gets worked at now once the condition is placed in the incident issue type transition .

%{20161}  != Magna 

Fidel Castro
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 4, 2017

The correct syntax is: %{20161}  != "Magna"

Then you solved the problem, isn't it?

Good luck tomorrow in the demo!

rTrack Support February 5, 2017

Thanks Man ..

@Fidel Castro Armario ,

I need the help ,

Previously i have used JIRA misc custom fields to take the reopen count .

When i use a transition Pending clarification --> Reopen Then it will calculate each and every time .It is available in the filters .

But that field is not available in dashboard .

Is there any possibility to take the reopen count in JIRA using jwf custom fields and also need to show the statistics based on that field values .

Another one is :

is there any possibility of setting up the sla using jwt .

i have only one queue .

in that so many customers are logging the defects .For each customer different sla are calculated .

rTrack Support February 6, 2017

Is it possible to store the sla timings as project properties based on that due date settings is possible ??

Fidel Castro
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 6, 2017

You can use a Calculated Number Field in order to show the number of times issue has been reopened. To do it use the following math expression:

count(timesOfTransition("Pending clarification", "Reopen"))

"Pending clarification" and "Reopen" are the names of the statuses the issue moves from and to when it's being reopened. You should write the name exactly (i.e., respecting the case). Take into account that JIRA UI shows statuses in upper case To check up the actual name of the status go to Administration > Issues > Statuses

K fine @Fidel Castro Armario .

Wat about project properties requirements ..

Another one is :

is there any possibility of setting up the sla using jwt .

i have only one queue .

in that so many customers are logging the defects .For each customer different sla are calculated.

Is it possible to store the sla timings as project properties based on that due date settings is possible ??

Fidel Castro
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 6, 2017

Sorry, currently is not possible to setup JSD's SLA using JIRA Workflow Toolbox.

I don't understand what you mean by "store the sla timings as project properties based on that due date settings". Can you please, be more specific?

K fine @Fidel Castro Armario

Already i am setting the due date field values based on this condition .

The field Due date will be set according to the evaluation of Severity against the following set of rules: 
[{Due date}=null AND %{Severity}="Sev1-Show Stopper"]addTimeSkippingWeekends({Date and time of creation}, 2 * {DAY} + 1, EST)
[{Due date}=null AND %{Severity}="Sev2-Critical"]addTimeSkippingWeekends({Date and time of creation}, 3 * {DAY} + 1, EST)
[{Due date}=null AND %{Severity}="Sev3-Not Critical"]addTimeSkippingWeekends({Date and time of creation}, 5 * {DAY} + 1, EST)
[{Due date}=null AND %{Severity}="Sev4-Trivial"]addTimeSkippingWeekends({Date and time of creation}, 10 * {DAY} + 1, EST)

Instead of i have a plan to store the  No of days for each severity as project property  with some values .

Then need to read those properties field values and based on that due date need to be set .

This is to handle the same workflow for all customers but  basis of customer agreement we need to choose the days .

For eg:

Customer A :

Severity 1 - 5 hrs 

severity 2 - 1 day

severity 3 - 5 days 

Customer B :

Severity 1 - 2 hrs 

severity 2 - 5 day

severity 3 - 10 days 

Could you able to understand this .

Fidel Castro
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 6, 2017

Yes, you can do it replacing number literals 2, 3 and 10 in the value expression of your setting rules with terms like toNumber(projectProperty("property_name"))

In your example you could be using something like:

[{Due date}=null AND %{Severity}="Sev1-Show Stopper"]addTimeSkippingWeekends({Date and time of creation}, toNumber(projectProperty("severity1Hours")) * {HOUR} + 1, EST)

[{Due date}=null AND %{Severity}="Sev2-Critical"]addTimeSkippingWeekends({Date and time of creation}, toNumber(projectProperty("severity2Days")) * {DAY} + 1, EST)

[{Due date}=null AND %{Severity}="Sev3-Not Critical"]addTimeSkippingWeekends({Date and time of creation}, toNumber(projectProperty("severity3Days")) * {DAY} + 1, EST)

[{Due date}=null AND %{Severity}="Sev4-Trivial"]addTimeSkippingWeekends({Date and time of creation}, toNumber(projectProperty("severity4Days")) * {DAY} + 1, EST)

You should create the 4 project properties in the project description:

{severity1Hours=2}
{severity2Days=3}
{severity3Days=5}
{severity4Days=10}

Hi @Fidel Castro Armario ,

Thank you ..

I hope it will get my requirement .

Previously i asked question to calculate the time taken on child tickets . You said that calculated date or number field will get work on this .

is it done .Is there any sample syntax for this . 

And also i tried to use the calculate number field for counting the transition .

count(timesOfTransition("Pending clarification""Reopen"))

It gets worked .But that custom field is not display or listing in the charts or dashboard gadzets or JIRA like piechart , two dimensional filters.

Fidel Castro
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 6, 2017

Hi, this is taken insanely long. I think that you would better create new question for your next questions.

Can you please recall me what you want to get with "calculate the time taken on child tickets"?

K @Fidel Castro Armario ,

i have created the new thread .

Please check on that .

calculating child issues time

rTrack Support February 21, 2017

@Fidel Castro Armario ,

I need one small clarification .Currently when i create a new issue it starts from open status .

when I am CREATING THE NEW ISSUES USING CREATE ISSUE POST FUNCTION 

my issue status need not to set as open status , new issue needs to create with fix reviewed status in the same project ..

is it possible ??

Fidel Castro
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 21, 2017

Yes, it's possible to do it using "Create issues and subtasks" post-function. In the following example new stories are moved to status "Frozen" by executing consecutively 2 transitions: Create a Story for each Component in Epic

To do it you simply have to write the name of the transitions you want to execute after issue creation into virtual field "Execute transition", like shown in the screenshot:

Screenshot at feb 22 08-18-08.png

rTrack Support February 25, 2017

@Fidel Castro Armario ,

One doubt ,

i am having the field Tech Version ,Pending With field .

I am setting the field Tech version based on the pending with field while doing the transition and the new tech version value need to set in the new issue but not in the current issue .

is there any possibility to do this .

Fidel Castro
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 25, 2017

How are you currently setting Tech Version in the new issue? Please, attach the post-function configuration.

@Fidel Castro Armario,

please check the below snap fyi .

i cant attach the snap .

before the create issue transition i set the tech version field value based on the pending with field with the help of set field as a function on postfunction .

Fidel Castro
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 25, 2017

Use the following boolean expression at parameter Conditional execution in post-function "Set a field as a function of other fields":

isJwtTriggeredTransition()

@fidel,

Hw can I use this .. I am not understanding this ..I am aware of set field as a function

Fidel Castro
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 25, 2017

Post-function "Set a field as a function of other fields" has a parameter called Conditional execution that accepts a boolean expression. When the boolean expression is satisfied, the post-function is actually executed. The following boolean expression will allow the post-function to be actually executed only when it's triggered by another post-function.

Suggest an answer