creating dashboards

Kamil Kosinski March 12, 2015

Hello Atlassian team,

i got following problem. I am not able to create any dashboards as another user than global JIRA admin. I have synchronized the users from our AD and the AD Group where I belong to has JIRA Systemadministrator and administrator permissions. Create Shared objects permission are also in my permissions availble. So there my question, what I have to do, to be able to create dashboards with my domain account instead the JIRA admin?

Thanks in advance

and

Best Regards

Kamil.

3 answers

1 vote

Ok, I solved this problem. The solution for it was the order of giving permissions. I needed to give as first the jira-users permissions and after this the administration permissions.

0 votes

Thanks for your reply, but I think it does not solve my problem. If I try to add my group to the JIRA Users I get following message.

"The group 'Systems Engineering' is not allowed to be added to the permission 'JIRA Users'"

Any Idea how to solve it?

0 votes
João Palharini
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 12, 2015

Hi Kamil!

I found this thread which describes a possibility for this to be occurring.

Basically, I recommend you to check if your user is also added to the jira-users group or whichever is the group name who has the JIRA Users permission.

Check that and try to create a new dashboard after granting your user this permission. wink

Cheers!

Joao

Suggest an answer