created date showing up as "none"

darath sreng September 11, 2017

We have jira servicedesk ticket created from email. Recently we have several tickets coming in from our email handler as having a created date of "none". We have a filter by created date within last 7 days so some of these tickets doesn't show up in the filter. I have been able to update the created date field by using the CSV import options, but how do we ensure that the created date get populated when the ticket get created.  Looking at the ticket history, I can see created issue but the date and time is the current date and time.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Suhas P
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 12, 2017

Please ensure if your workflow fires an issue created Event once Issue is created. You can check this by clicking on first transtion on your workflow eg. New. Under that you will see the actual first transtion that is Create. Click on that and check inside the postfunctions if it has Issue Created event in the list.

darath sreng September 12, 2017

HI Suhas,

Thanks for the suggestion. I checked the workflow and the Issue Created event is listed for the event.

Below are the postfunctions listed for the create issue transition :

1. Creates the issue originally.

2. Set issue status to the linked status of the destination workflow step.

3. Re-index an issue to keep indexes in sync with the database.

4. Fire a Issue Created event that can be processed by the listeners.

Suhas P
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 12, 2017

Everything seems to be correct with postfunctions. Kindly check into the logs (keep logs open while creating an issue) if it gives any hints why it is failing to set created date. You might need to enable more loggings.

darath sreng September 19, 2017

Hi Suhas,

Thanks again for your helps with this. I was able to find that the issue was that one of the transition (elsewhere in the workflow) had a clear create state on. So, that causes the create state to go to NONE. Thanks!

Suggest an answer