create subtask on transition doedn't work properly

fjodors
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 22, 2013

Hello
We detected a huge problem.
Using create subtask on transition sometimes doesn't create subtask, instead it create a not subtask issue (but with subtask issue type)!
We can not detect which configuration property raise this error.

postfunction is "create subtask"

issue type of subtask is "testing task" (in project issue type this issue type is specified as SUBTASK type)

Steps:

1) created subtask "testing task" by presiing specific transition (with specific postfunction) on parent issue

2) "testing task" was succefully created and I see that this is a subtask when I am inside parent issue ( I see it in subtasks list)

3) I open this new testing task, but I see this new testing task as main issue in project, not as subtask with parent issue!

Please help us to solve it.

BR,

Fyodor

5 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 22, 2013

If you don't know what's wrong, remove the post function. It's better to have not issues messing up your JIRA then to leave it there.

By default, JIRA has no functionality to create sub task on a post function. I suggest you find out which add-on does that for you. You can do it by downloading the workflow as XML and digging through it.

2 votes
Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 22, 2013

Hi I would recommend using Script Runner plugin for this, here you have some docs about this:

https://jamieechlin.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GRV/Built-In+Scripts#Built-InScripts-Createasub-task

0 votes
fjodors
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 22, 2013

Hi all

We are using create on transition plugin, version 2.3.0.

Project issue type scheme has many issue types, but current issue type "testing task" is specified as SUBTASK.

Also I see this testng task in subtask list when I am located in parent issue , however I can not see any connections with parent issue when I am located in testing testing task

BR,

Fyodor

0 votes
Zul NS _Atlassian_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 22, 2013

Are you using the Create On Transition for JIRA plugin?

0 votes
Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 22, 2013

When you say sometimes... may this be project related? I mean if you have a project with noc subtask issue types presen even the plugin can't create a subtask...I image you'Re using create on transition plugin?

Suggest an answer