create issue does not work after JIRA Upgrade

Srilatha Pokala May 19, 2015

we have upgraded JIRA from 6_3_12 to 6_4_3.

Comment issue and Edit issue works as expected, but when click on Create -> create issue will not show up

complaining projectid is null, any idea would help

4 answers

0 votes
Srilatha Pokala May 21, 2015

Thank you for the response.

I messes up with email templates I believe. we have couple changes to email templates in old JIRA instance, so after the upgrade I just copied email templates from older version of JIRA to newer version of jira.

the only change I did is, copied back email templates comes with JIRA 6.4.3 and manually updated email template changes then restart the server – everything worked fine after

I still don't know the route cause though

Volodymyr Krupach
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 22, 2015

It could be that JavaScript from the previous JIRA version was served until you restarted.

0 votes
Giuliano C_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 21, 2015

Based on the console info, can you check if creating a new project will allow you to use the option to create a new issue? Another example, it's a bit different in this KB article, since the symptoms are to hanging while creating the issue, but, can you check if you have any incompatible add-on after the upgrade or if running the instance in Safe mode (please, schedule some offline hours, if this is a production instance) will help us to create the content?

Regards, 

Giuliano Tenedini

Atlassian Support

0 votes
Srilatha Pokala May 19, 2015

i do not see any error in the log but when i used Firefox inspector/console i see Type Projectid is null on batch.js

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 19, 2015

What is the error in logs?

Suggest an answer