create attachment button module plugin missing disappered not showing

Roman April 29, 2016

I've done reindex jira, and server reboot.
Now missing "Create attach file" function in issues.

field "Attachment" added to screen

plugin modules Issue Operations Plugin/operations-attachments, attach-file Enabled

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 29, 2016

Could you check admin -> attachments and make sure that the option is turned on?

It can be turned off by admins, but also, if the attachments path is unavailable for some reason, JIRA can turn off attachments

Dastin_Kuwałek__SoftwarePlant_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 11, 2019

Sir @Nic Brough -Adaptavist-! It has just happened to me and I am in a middle of nightly Jira upgrade :) For some reason, Jira started storing new attachments in {home-directory}/attachments and I was sure that something is wrong.

I thought I was going crazy but then I noticed that adding attachments is turned of in global Jira settings! Thankfully, in the dialog for enabling attachments the default attachment path was visible and it was a zing moment when I realised attachments should be in {home-directory}/data/attachments.

Another interesting story to remember from the quests of upgrading Jira version :D

0 votes
Roman April 29, 2016

yes

Attachments PermissionsUsers / Groups / Project RolesOperations
Create Attachments
Users with this permission may create attachments.
0 votes
Chris Dunne
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 29, 2016

Do you have the Create Attachments permission?

Suggest an answer