create a snapshot data backup of the data directory jira

Tshepo November 8, 2012

Hi, I have managed to export/import backup into my instance and now i want to backup data/subdirectories and dont know how to do this:

- Creating this snapshot (Are we reffering to a normal snapshot)

- a batch script copying the directory can be written

I you can help me on how to do this?

Tx

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 8, 2012

Define what you mean by "snapshot", and maybe "normal snapshot"

Backing up the Jira data directory is a simple task though - it really is "take a copy and put it somewhere else". If your Jira is running though, you may end up with missing data - it's worth thinking about a dynamic incremental backup for larger installations and thinking about whether to exclude the index directory.

Tshepo November 9, 2012

I did that..copy the data and put it to the required directory but still i can populate that. Ok let me explain further:

I have created Boards for our sprints on the agile space and versions, so what i need to get that data created into the new Jira instance.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 9, 2012

That's all in the import/export data, it has nothing to do with the data on disk. I think that is a different question

Suggest an answer