create a new workflow with tricky status

rTrack Support May 31, 2016

Hi ,

i am creating a new tricky workflow ,can you help on this ??

my scenario is to use the single ticket and processing the issue with multiple teams upto 5 teams .

so i need to show the status of the ticket in in progress only when the ticket is circulating with the 4 teams .

so i create many transitions in single transitions like the example 

l1 in progress ---> In Progress  ---->L1 Pending clarification

L1 in Progress --->In Progress --> l1 resolved

L2 IN PROGRESS -->IN PROGRESS --> L2 PENDING CLARIFICATION

L2 IN PROGRESS -->IN PROGRESS -->L2 RESOLVED

for all transitions using workflow status as in progress only ,i  can hide the transition button depends on the user group or roles .

but in this scenario when i change the L1 in progress -->IN PROGRESS -->L1  pending clarification ,

both transition button is visible only . is it possible to hide the button once its clicked . 

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 31, 2016

You can use hidden Custom Fields that will be updated by post functions and used as a logical flags. Then based on conditions "custom field value=something" you can hide show specific transitions. Probably you would need to have JIRA Suite Utilities or JIRA Toolbox plugins (free from Atlassian) to get specific post functions and conditions but even far more complex workflows are possible with one single ticket. 

rTrack Support May 31, 2016

Thanks Mirek.

I have another doubt.

is it possible to hide or enable the transition screen which is having multiple tabs based on the custom field value  .

ex:if i choose the value as 1 then first tab need to enable .if i choose custom field value as 2 then the second tab need to enable and other tabs are need to be in hidden ..

is it  possible ???

Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 31, 2016

Everything is possible.. Main question .. How much effort is required to achieve something smile .. I think this could be achieved by JavaScript modification injected for example into the specific custom field description.

Suggest an answer