count of status change

gil January 22, 2014

For each ticket, I need to know how many times this one status get updated, i.e. how many times status "In Progress" is set to. What is the best way to achieve this function?

2 answers

2 votes
Onkar Ahire
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 22, 2014

Hi Gil,

if you are looking for programatically,

Here I have made stuff for assignee field from history.You can use status instead of assignee, Here you need to iterate each issue and find out the number of count.

ChangeHistoryManager changeHistoryManager = ComponentAccessor.getChangeHistoryManager();

List<ChangeItemBean> changeItemBeans= changeHistoryManager.getChangeItemsForField(issue, "assignee");

for(ChangeItemBean changeItemBean:changeItemBeans)

{
// do stuff
}

Cheers

Onkar Ahire

Onkar Ahire
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 22, 2014

or you can use JQL

(status changed from Open to "In Progress" )

and find out the number of issue count.

Cheers.

0 votes
Tuncay Senturk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 13, 2014

Hi Gil,

In JIRA Enhancer Plugin there are built in counter fileds.

You can define and set your own counters as well.

Tuncay

Suggest an answer