could not install the file atlassian-servicedesk-4.14.0-x64.bin. Check that the file is valid.

Mengmeng YU January 13, 2021

I want to install  Jira Service desk add-on , but it occurs error like this after I upload my application . Capture.PNGon I got this error

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 13, 2021

Hi @Mengmeng YU ,

I believe you are using the wrong file. If you are just looking to add it as an app you can download the correct file here https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1213632/jira-service-management/version-history

This will download an .obr file which can be uploaded as an application.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 14, 2021

The background to this is that the .bin file is an installer, intended to be run by your operating system, to install or upgrade one of the application bundles (Core, Core + Software or Core + Service Management) from scratch, creating a new or upgraded service.

The .obr that Dirk refers to is just the application or app, in a parcel ready to install into an existing Jira service. 

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer