could not change status of a JIRA issue

Eli Avital September 20, 2016

Hi,

I am trying to change a state of a JIRA issue from 'In Progress' to 'In Testing', worth mentioning that I changed the default workflow.

I get the following error:

Could not move to history step for #15170: root cause: while inserting: [GenericEntity:OSHistoryStep][owner,][caller,user][dueDate,null][stepId,3][actionId,21][finishDate,2016-09-20 05:01:52.327][id,16800][startDate,2016-09-19 03:36:12.205][entryId,15170][status,null] (SQL Exception while executing the following:INSERT INTO public.OS_HISTORYSTEP (ID, ENTRY_ID, STEP_ID, ACTION_ID, OWNER, START_DATE, DUE_DATE, FINISH_DATE, STATUS, CALLER) VALUES (?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?) (ERROR: duplicate key value violates unique constraint "pk_os_historystep"))
It seems that you have tried to perform an illegal workflow operation.
If you think this message is wrong, please contact your JIRA administrators.

I need your help urgently.

Thank you,

Eli

2 answers

0 votes

Hi,

I found Troubleshooting and Support  but I could not find integrity checker.

Can you please give me further instructions?

Thank you.

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 20, 2016

Looks as if someone tampered with the database. Try checking the workflow integrity as mentioned at https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver071/using-the-database-integrity-checker-802592958.html

Hi,

I found Troubleshooting and Support  but I could not find integrity checker.

Can you please give me further instructions?

Thank you.

Suggest an answer