cost to upgrade from 50 users to 100 user license

Remy Nisbet February 16, 2016

We have an existing license for JIRA for 50 users which I just renewed on October 28, 2015.  If I upgrade to 100 users, will the renewal I paid for in October 28 be reduced for the 100 user license?

1 answer

0 votes
Boris Georgiev _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 21, 2016

This page should give you the information you need https://www.atlassian.com/licensing/jira-software/#serverlicenses-3

Vincent Homans June 4, 2019

Hello Boris,

No, I don't see the answer in this paragraph (3. What is software maintenance?) or page.

Can you please (maybe reread the question and) elaborate?

If I would upgrade 4 months after I renewed, would I have paid the 8 remaining months without having any benefit from it? (As with the upgrade, I pay for 12 months and get a new expiration date).

It seems the upgrade price is the same if you upgrade one month after you renewed maintenance or just before the maintenance expires.
And it seems you end up in the same situation (but with a big difference in the financial planning).

Jira is an expensive product, we're not talking about a few hundred dollars here.

Thank you!

Suggest an answer