copy project script

Vadiraj Deshpande February 22, 2017

Hi Guys,

I don't seem to find the copy project (in-built) function in Script Runner add-on. Is this available somewhere?

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 22, 2017

There is no built-in copy project.

You'll need to find one of the add-ons that can do it.  There are several out there (see https://marketplace.atlassian.com/search?query=jira%20copy%20project ), but I tend to lean towards Script Runner (not surprisingly, as I've used it for years and now work with Jamie)

Hi Nic, thanks for responding. I corrected my question and made it specific. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 22, 2017

Should be under add-ons -> Script Runner -> built-in scripts.

Is it not on the list?  What do you get when you go to the list of built in scripts?

Nop, I don't see that script. Please note that I am using trial version of script runner and trial version of JIRA cloud if that has any effect. I see only "Bulk Fix Resolutions" and Copies custom field values to another field", and some how I am not able to attach a screenshot here. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 23, 2017

Ah, I didn't see "cloud" before, I was concentrating on the fact that there's no built-in function.

SR for cloud is very different to SR for Server, and does not have that script.

Suggest an answer