copy fields from issue to subtask while creating

peter novak
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 12, 2012

hi there

please can you help me?

I have an issue, with filled columns like Affects Version/s:, Component/s:, Environment and i want to create a subtask, which would have the same values as parent issue. How to set this? thank you

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
peter novak
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 13, 2012

i used this plugin https://marketplace.atlassian.com/697735 - it can inherit system fields like components, affect version ... but you must edit the subtask, which is generated automatically - if you want to change summary or description

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 12, 2012
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 12, 2012

Well, it doesn't support system fields :(

peter novak
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 12, 2012

but this plugin allows to copy only custom fields ... affect version, component, environment are not custom fields... :(

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 12, 2012

Oh yeah :(

Jobin can extend it's features :) Or make the code open source :)

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 12, 2012
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 12, 2012

Peter, now you have way to achieve your requirement :)

Suggest an answer