copy board and delete issues

Jason May 30, 2017
I created a Kanban board with issues. I then made a copy of this board because I wanted to keep the settings ie. workflow columns. I wanted different issues on the new board so I deleted the old issues which were copied over from the original board.
However, after doing this I have discovered the issues on both boards have now been deleted. I have been advised by my support desk the only way to get the issues back on the original board is from the backup. Is this correct?

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 30, 2017

It is correct.

Deleting issues means deleting them, and once you've done it, the only place to get them back from is a backup.

The mistake you've made here is thinking that issues belong to boards - they do not.  A board is a view of a set of issues.  You could have hundreds of boards looking at an issue, but there's only one issue.  That's why your delete "removed them from both boards" - there was only one issue.

If you want "different issues on different boards", then you have to set up the board filters to include or ignore the ones you do or don't want.

Suggest an answer