convert new feature to story

Don Clark June 10, 2015

How to convert a New Feature to a Story, so that the item can be dragged into the Waiting for QA status column

3 answers

2 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 10, 2015

If the configuration for New Feature and Story is identical, then you can just edit the issue and change the issue type.  But I don't think that will be the case.

You will probably have to use "move" - it will ask you for project (select the same one probably) and issue type, then ask you about any data loss/update it needs to make.  You need "move" permission in the source project and "create" in the target (even if they're the same project)

0 votes
Don Clark June 10, 2015

Move worked, editing the item worn't work because Story isn't one of the offered options.

Thanks

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 10, 2015

Yes, that's an indicator that the configs for the two types are different and JIRA can't convert them.

0 votes
Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 10, 2015

I am assuming that the New Feature has a different workflow than Story.

What i suggest you is to use the Move operation, but only change the issue type in it and leave the project as is.

Rahul

Suggest an answer