control access to issues based on custom field?

SallyD January 19, 2013

We are planning a Jira project for our Technical Support team. we want all customer issues in this project but want each user to see only the issues entered by that user's company. I'm envisioning a Customer field that is automatically populated based on the current user's group. I'm hoping that when a user logs in to Jira, he/she sees only the issues with the Customer field set to his/her company.

Does that make sense? I will be having a consultant help with this, but this seems such a basic concept that I'd like to know it is possible before I go much further with the requirement gathering.

Sally

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 20, 2013
You need this https://confluence.atlassian.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=135274 More than company, it's based on reporter.
SallyD January 20, 2013

Thank you. I think that is what I needed. It's at least enough to get me the right set of questions for the consultants.

Suggest an answer