constantly lose session

Stefan Ludwig July 2, 2013

We are using Jira OnDemand authentication through Google Apps. Unfortunatley I am constantly logged out after a very short time. Like writing a bigger issue is enough for me to be logged out. Do you have any suggestions what I can do?

5 answers

1 vote
Michael Knight
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 3, 2013

There are some things you can try here:

It is most commonly caused by the use of scripts or programs incorrectly using JIRA OnDemand's API, where a session is created and then destroyed, logging you out of all your sessions.

1 vote
James Strangeway
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 2, 2013

Have you tried having JIRA remember your login when you login?

Mark Davidson March 23, 2020

Here is it 2020 and this is still happening.

0 votes
Mihamina Rakotomandimby September 22, 2014

I encounter the same problem from the time I subscribed Liferea to an issue search RSS feed. The RSS requires a basic HTTP identification. I'm also using on Demand. Please ask if you need more details.

0 votes
MJ
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 2, 2013

Do you experience the same behavior on other hardware with your account? Do you experience the same behavior on the same hardware using another browser with your account? Does your collegue experience the same behavior using the hardware and browser you are using, with his/her account? Does clearing the browser cache provide any resolution?

0 votes
Stefan Ludwig July 2, 2013

Thank you James for responding to my question.

I have checked the "Keep me logged in" Tag. It does not help. My collegue sitting next to me, also with a windows 7 machine, using chrome as well and also logging in with google apps does not have the problem.

Suggest an answer