confirmation need on war distribution

keshav kumar January 22, 2015

Hi Experts,

i need a clarification on war distribution.

Does all atlassian products(JIRA,CONFLUENCE, FISHEYE+CRUCIBLE,BAMBOO,STASH,) supports WAR distribution, so that i can setup all the products under single port as my organizational restrictions are enforcing me to do that.

Thanks in Advance

kk

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
keshav kumar January 23, 2015

Thank you so much Nic

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 22, 2015

They do at the moment, but Atlassian are dropping support for the WAR versions soon, and as far as I can work out, that also means they will not be releasing WAR versions any more, only installers.

However, you don't actually need the WAR versions to run them on a single port.  My guess is that your intention is to install the WAR versions into one Tomcat, which would allow you to run the services on one port, but I'm afraid that won't work anyway - at the very least, JIRA and Confluence can NOT be run in the same container.  Well, sometimes, you can, if you get the right mix of versions, don't use plugins and get very lucky with the config.  But you can't rely on that, and you are not supported if you do it.

The way to do "same port" is to use a proxying web-server like Apache or Nginx (you should use the one that your organisation is familiar with). 

keshav kumar January 26, 2015

Hi Experts,

Do we have any alternative for WAR distribution? I mean i want to install at least 4 products on a single Linux server on the same port. so if you have any alternative or suggestion please provide it to me.

Thanks in advance

kk

Suggest an answer