configuring jira jabber listener

Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 10, 2012

Hi ,

I am trying to configure the jira jabber listener . I have installed openfire xmpp server . I dont have a dns, my xmpp server is on localhost . Can someone please guide me how to configure this listener properly ?

thanx in advance :)

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
SheraliA August 29, 2012

Ah... I see what you are trying to do. :) I guess the name is a bit misleading. Listener here means JIRA event listener. It provides outbound notifications from JIRA to the users. The other way is not supported I'm afraid.

0 votes
SheraliA August 29, 2012

Hi Mizan, is this still an issue? I am so sorry for being late to the party but would be happy to help out.

Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 29, 2012

Hi Sherali ,

Thanks , I was not able to configure the jabber listerner . Can i chat with other jira users using this listener or does it gives an interface to communicate with Jira and perform administrative tasks ?

Suggest an answer