configuring columns on company-managed board

anthogiu September 30, 2022

Hi, I'm trying to set up my board in a "company-managed" project. I'd like to make some changes to columns, map statuses, etc.

I found some support articles like configure columns and configure a company-managed board that say to go "to your board, then select more (...) > Board settings", but I don't see "board settings" anywhere. Under more, I have 1) customize cards, 2) expand all columns, and 3) collapse all columns. I don't have "board settings" anywhere in my "project settings" either.

2 answers

0 votes
Jimi Wikman
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 30, 2022

If you can't see it then you probably don't have edit rights for it.

I have a video where I go over everything you need to know about boards, perhaps there is something useful in that one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2p4y2eTElE

Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 30, 2022

@Jimi Wikman the options @anthogiu is referring to, are options found on Work Management projects:

work management.png

On JSW projects these options do no exist.

Like Jimi Wikman likes this
Jimi Wikman
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 30, 2022

Good catch @Alex Koxaras _Relational_ :)

I have obviously not played around enough in JWM enough and I should get to sleep :)

Thank you both! What's the difference between a Work Management project and whatever kind of project I have? :)

Jimi Wikman
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 30, 2022

The different types of projects have different configurations and different features since they target different types of work.

Many guides about setting up your boards are for Jira Software projects since Jira Work management is still rather new and not used as much as the Jira Software is.

I see. No problem for me to start over since I'm just setting up, but after I choose to create a project, it seems like no matter what Template or Product category I choose, it wants to be a "business project". Is it maybe just a license thing?

Jimi Wikman
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 30, 2022

So to change things in a work management project you go to project settings and change the workflow. The columns in the board will show up in the order of your workflow automatically.

Jimi Wikman
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 30, 2022

If you create a new project then you should see something like this, but with different products based on what you have licensed:

Screenshot 2022-09-30 at 21.37.55.png

Click on Jira software and then choose Scrum or Kanban on the right. On next screen choose company managed and not team managed.

Like anthogiu likes this

Amazing, thank you sir!

Jimi Wikman
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 30, 2022

Happy to help and I hope you will have a lot of fun with your new setup :)

0 votes
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 30, 2022

Hi @anthogiu 

Are you sure you are on a company managed project? Are you working on Jira Work Management project perhaps instead of a Jira Software Project? 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events